Baystate Health Revenue Management Associate in Holyoke, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Per Diem Revenue Management Associate
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Revenue Management Associate you will play a crucial part of the revenue cycle, and for monitoring via reports, registration and charging errors. You will provide clean registrations to be used for billing, perform patient registration and registration upgrades on computer systems using laboratory requisition. Follow all current registration, insurance, and billing procedures. Establish and maintain good client relations by presenting a professional manner on the telephone. Communicate regularly with Client Services and Patient Accounting to ensure internal and external client satisfaction. Accurately completes and updates performance improvement logs in established time frame and the ability to demonstrate and to prioritize work while maintaining acceptable level of productivity.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Work the subscribers "No Date of Birth" report (SMS, Search America, NEHEN), "Newborn Screen" report (Sunquest), patients "no address report" (SMS, Search America, NEHEN), duplicate charge report generated by Sunquest for BMC and BFMC , and work edits on TES edit work file.
- Upgrading from OP to OA cases in SMS
- Maintain and update Excel spreadsheets
- Work the duplicate charge report (Sunquest)
- Process and reprocess IDX charge interface(s) - BMERF Billing
- Provide information to PA for Medicare Cert. audits
- Investigate the outpatient exception report
- Cover when staff members are out and work the individual rotation
- Check Histology requisitions for signed out cases, maintain the OP to OA report
- Run and follow up on Advanced Beneficiary Notices
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 18 months experience as a RMA1 (proficient performer) or equivalent.
- Medical Terminology is required
- Medical terminology certification, knowledge of laboratory testing performed, knowledge of Medicare regulations, and other insurances guidelines.
- Develop proficiency with CPT codes/service codes, resource for RMA 1, demonstrates proficiency in CoPath, IDX, SMS, Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Develop proficiency in Sunquest, DaVincian, Search America and NEHEN.
What You Need To Know:
Location: Springfield, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83698
Location: Holyoke, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Per Diem