Baystate Health American Sign Language Medical Interpreter in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is seeking a full time ASL interpreter.
In this role you will provide interpreter and transliterating services between English and American Sign Language throughout Baystate Health.
What you will do:
- Follow the Standards of Practice set forth by the National Council on Interpreting in Healthcare and the NAD-RID Code of Professional Conduct. Attend at least 9 departmental staff meetings each calendar year.
- Provide visual and oral interpretation for patients and providers. Explain cultural differences to patients and providers to promote understanding and facilitate quality patient care. Conduct reminder calls for Deaf and hard of hearing patients and follow up calls when patients do not show up to scheduled appointments to determine reason and to reshedule as necessary. Support Patient Needs with sensitivity.
- Assess the needs of Deaf, late-deafened, hard of hearing, deaf/blind, patients and/or family members for assistive devices and interpreter(s), and ensure scheduling software and the electronic medical record detail needs established. Coordinate with Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to meet patient needs throughout the health system.
- In coordination with the supervisor/manager of Interpreter & Translation Services and the BH ADA coordinator, determine the training needs fo BH staff regarding the Deaf and hard of hearing. Create and coordinate sessions to train hospital staff on Deaf culture and the needs of the Deaf, late-deafened, hard of hearing, and Deaf/ blind.
- Coordinate with the Massachusetts Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing to determine what trainings are available and schedules them as needed in coordination with the supervisor/manager of Interpreter & Translation Services. Determine what additional training needs remain and in conjunction with the supervisor/manager of Interpreter & Translation Services and the ADA coordinator for BH and create trainings to meet those needs.
- Assist with operations of Interpreter & Translation Services Office. Answer departmental phone lines, resolve issues, and books interpreter requests in booking software as needed, especially but not exclusively for the Deaf patient population and/or Deaf or hard of hearing family members.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of NIC, CI & CT, CSC Master, or NAD IV or V required.
- Five years of general ASL experience preferred.
- NIC(National Interpreter Certification) -- Advanced or Master Level; or CI & CT; or CSC Master Level; or NAD Level IV or V via Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf required.
What you need to know:
This is a full time position with flexible hours needed; primarily days.
This position is located in Springfield, MA.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82234
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time