Baystate Health Cardiac Monitor Technician/ Operations Associate Days in Springfield, Massachusetts
You will be responsible for:
- Records and processes EKG monitor strips for defined cardiac patient populations. Assures proper placement and maintenance of all monitoring equipment
- Daily activities are coordinated by the charge nurse
- Independently works with patient and family centered care teams to insure all business functions related to processing patient information, managing documentation, organizing patient medical record and facilitating smooth unit operations
- Files appropriate patient reports and other information for their records
- Facilitates communication among staff, relaying messages/information
- Facilitates bed management and patient throughput on unit
- Performs functions necessary to process direct admissions to the unit
- Acts as receptionist for visitors to unit and also as a business partner to the department and clinical staff
- Orients patients and families to the unit, answering routine questions
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Candidates with backgrounds in Exercise science, A&P;, EMTs, or other with similar training can make a great cardiac monitor tech
- A 25 hour training program is provided by Baystate professionals once you are on board and testing is required.
- Computer testing is required.
* What You Will Need to Know:*
What is a Cardiac Monitor Tech?
Cardiac Monitor technicians are responsible for watching patients' heart rates and reporting important changes to the nursing staff; they often use equipment that tracks several patients simultaneously. They also help clean and maintain equipment and ensure batteries are charged and installed properly. They are a vital part of the care team, collaborating with nurses and physicians to observe and interpret heart-related diseases and conditions by using non-invasive cardiology techniques which can detect arrhythmia´s and irregular heartbeats.
As a foundation, we are looking for people with the following passions:
- People who love anatomy and the inner workings of the heart
- People who love problem solving and can deal with high-stress situations
People with a high attention to detail, as you may be expected to study and analyze collected data for a substantial part of your shift.
Department: South Wing 7
- Hours: 36 weekly
- Shift: Days, 7a-7:30p
- Every other weekend and holiday
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83546
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time