Baystate Health Coding Specialist in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Coding Specialist for one of its Multispecialty Practices.
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Coding Specialist you will be responsible for accurate coding of outpatient and hospital charges for professional services, adhering to all governmental/carrier and coding guidelines. All tasks need to be performed following the Operating Principles of Baystate Health.
Additional Responsibilities Will Include:
- Mastered proficiency in all essential functions of the Coding Associate position.
- Accurately perform coding of professional services identifying primary diagnosis, secondary diagnoses, primary procedure and secondary procedures through in-depth chart review of clinical documentation.
- Proficiency in more complex medical coding including but not limited to Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Dermatology, Urology; requires review of provider clinical documentation.
- Collaboration with Compliance, Audit and Education to address provider documentation issues and improve quality.
- Review coding issues through Invoice Correction Forms; work closely with the billing Accounts Receivable and Appeals to provide guidance on successful resolution of denied claims.
- Reconciliation of missing charges; create documentation to share with leadership, providers and Compliance staff.
- Provides guidance to Coding Associates on day-to-day questions.
- Attends and actively participates in face-to-face provider training sessions.
- Participation in all educational opportunities offered through the department
- Meets, exceeds and sustains a 95% accuracy rate for quality and productivity as determined by department policy.
- Computer proficiency in computer applications including Microsoft Office.
- Active participation in group activities, teamwork; actively engaged.
- Proficiency working in a fast-paced, changing landscape; adapt well to change and contribute to the overall efficiency of the department.
What You Will Need
- High School Diploma or GED.
- CPC, CCS or CCS-P certification.
- One year coding experience coding for a single or multi-specialty provider-based practice.
- Pre-employment test for new hires must be completed with demonstrated knowledge and experience coding office, outpatient, inpatient and surgical charges.
- Expert knowledge of ICD-10 codes, CPT codes, CCI.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- Thorough knowledge of encoders.
- Be able to successfully navigate CIS, IDX, SMS and all other applicable programs to their job
What You Need To Know:
- Full time position, 40 Hours per week
- Location: Springfield MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83591
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time