Baystate Health Endoscopy Technician in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health, a leading not-for-profit integrated health system, is transforming the delivery of health care to the communities it serves. Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England’s leading and largest integrated healthcare systems, serving more than 800,000 people throughout Western Massachusetts. With about 12,000 employees, a 1,200-member medical staff, and net patient service revenue of more than $2.3 billion, this dynamic and growing system includes an academic medical center, a children’s hospital and three community hospitals. It also includes a large multispecialty group, (Baystate Medical Practices), Baystate Home Health, Baystate Reference Laboratories, and Health New England, a 205,000-member health insurance company.
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Endoscopy Technician.
What You Will Do:
The Endoscopy Technician performs a variety of direct and indirect clinical patient care activities and technical skills in the diagnostic and therapeutic gastroenterology / endoscopy practice setting within the established department policies and procedures.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of endoscopy equipment with equipment status report to Clinical Engineering
- Assists with equipment set-up and/or supplies, and knows what will be needed, during emergency situations as directed by the physician and/or RN
- Maintains room supplies and equipment; includes ordering and restocking
- Performs cleaning and disinfecting of endoscopes, room, and equipment
- Provides endoscopy room turnover and technical support
- Assists in collecting data for an objective assessment to identify patient’s needs, problems, concerns or human response, e.g., vital signs
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Eligible to take the SGNA Cerficiation Exam after 12 months functioning in the department
- A background of 6 months to 1 year in a hospital setting
- Capable of following detailed instructions, possess good interpersonal skills and be able to perform a number of activities according to priority
What You Need To Know:
Location: Baystate Medical Center, Springfield MA
Type: Full Time, 40 hours
Shift: Day, 10 hour shifts and require on call responsibility for week nights, weekends and holidays in rotation.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83126
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time