Baystate Health Fulltime - Days - Registered Nurse Pediatric Emergency Dept. in Springfield, Massachusetts
About Baystate Health
Baystate Health is an integrated health care delivery system serving a population of nearly 1 million people in western Massachusetts. We are one of the largest health systems in New England with over 10,000 employees, four hospitals, and over 60 medical practices. Baystate Medical Center is the Western Campus of Tufts University School of Medicine, has the only Level 1 Trauma Center in the region and the only neonatal and pediatric intensive care units.
At Baystate Health, we believe nursing is both an art and a science. Our healthcare teams collaborate to provide respectful, inclusive patient-centered care. We are committed to excellence in practice, education, research, informatics and administration.
*You will be responsible for: * **
- The provision of nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with current BH Standards of Care.
- Administering and monitoring patient response to therapeutic interventions.
- Demonstrating knowledge and application of the nursing process as it relates to patients and families.
- Collaborating with health team members, patients/families in the provision of care.
- Delegating and providing direct supervision to other health team members as appropriate in the implementation of the patient care plan.
- Acting as an advocate for patients/families/significant others.
- *Practicing within accepted ethical and legal parameters of nursing. *
*What will you need? *
- *Successfully passed Board of Registration in Nursing Examination and is licensed in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. *
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR certification required. ACLS, PALS Preferred.
- Experience: Minimum 1 year RN experience required; Experience in urgent care, emergency unit or fast paced unit preferred.
- *Must be able to work in a high volume, fast paced Level 1 Trauma Center. *
- Education: ADN required, BSN preferred
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83295
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time