Baystate Health Manager of Self Pay and Customer Services in Springfield, Massachusetts
* Baystate Health is seeking Full-time Manager of Self Pay and Customer Services*
* _ What You Will Do:_*
As the Manager of Self Pay and Customer Services you will be responsible for monitoring the day-to-day operational activities of the Call Center. This includes the development and implementation of uniform operating policies and procedures as well as the continued development, enhancement and implementation of technology systems to maximize the efficiency of the Patient Accounting Department to insure that the business offices of the several facilities are performing at optimal efficiency and have in place the procedures and controls to insure the realization of cash and receivables objectives as developed by the Finance Departments of the several hospitals. You will monitor the effectiveness of training programs for collection, systems usage and will insure that patient satisfaction is maintained at optimal levels through timely and sensitive responses to patient and third party inquiries and complaints.
* _ Responsibilities will include:_*
- Effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the call center to maximize cash flow and maintain the accounts receivable of Baystate Medical Center, Baystate Franklin Medical Center and Baystate Mary Lane Hospital to optimally acceptable levels.
- Manages inbound & outbound call center for BMC, BFMC, BMLH and BRL. Monitors calls, performs quarterly reviews and maintains stats & dashboards.
- Continually develop and implement departmental policies and procedures to assure efficient and cost effective services at all locations.
- Implement within the department goals and procedures that are consistent with the Corporate Financial goals and objectives.
- Ensure consistent application of policies and procedures that are in compliance with all regulatory and corporate agencies.
- Develop and implement such policies and procedures necessary to meet the special needs of any of the member hospitals. Coordinates department wide policy/procedure documentation.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Hospitals Business Operations in developing cash flow requirements, optimal receivables and reserve levels that are responsive to system-wide and hospital specific requirements.
- Assist the Sr. Director of Hospitals Business Operations in optimizing various Patient Accounting systems and processes to meet cash flow requirements, optimal receivables and reserve levels that are responsive to system-wide and hospital specific requirements.
- Recommend to the Director needed enhancements of automated and manual systems to insure efficient and cost effective Patient Accounting Operations.
- Collaborate with the Client Service Manager; Patient Financial in the Information Systems Department to assure that technology needs and support within the Patient Accounting Department are met.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare Management
- Comprehensive knowledge of all facets of Patient Accounting operations with minimum of 8 years of Patient Accounting management experience.
- Must exhibit strong leadership qualities with high degree of self-motivation and self-direction.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with the utmost dignity, compassion and respect in a diverse work environment in all levels of the work force.
What You Need To Know:
- Full-time / 40 hours
- Location: 280 Chestnut Street
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83705
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time