Baystate Health Medical Assistant Cancer Center in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Medical Assistant at the D’Amour Cancer Center at 3350 Main Street in Springfield, MA.
What you will do:
- Patient and Room Preparation - Under limited supervision, processes patient for intake and prepares room for exam, treatment, or procedure. Ensures all necessary equipment is available. Reviews patient and physician schedules to prepare for the day and makes changes with approval.
- Patient Intake and History - Reviews patient history & health maintenance information, takes vitals, obtains releases and obtains consent. Demonstrates basic understanding of and uses CIS and Centricity to enter patient information.
- Clinical Orders - Under supervision implements provider’s orders including standing orders and protocols to maintain flow of patient care, and coordination of care with clinical team. Asks questions or seeks assistance when unsure of how to proceed.
- Procedures - Performs procedures independently as approved by provider.
- Documentation - Accurately and within established time frame, completes all documentation.
- Patient Discharge - Schedule appointments and process referrals. Cleans room, stocks, and prepares for the next patient. Asks questions when presented with new situations.
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- Two years of Medical Asssitant experience required.
- Phlebotomy experience required.
- Basic Life Support CPR required.
- Must be _ ONE_ of the following:
- Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
A registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
- Medical Assistant II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
- Medical Assistant III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position located D’Amour Cancer Center at 3350 Main Street in Springfield, MA.
- The hours for this position are 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM Monday-Friday.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82319
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time