Baystate Health Medical Assistant in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a full time Medical Assistant for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology.
What you will do:
- Responsible for front desk and MA duties in conjunction with other MA.
- Patient Scheduling/Registration – Greet patients, answer telephone, schedule appointments, insurance verification, and prior authorizations.
- Patient and Room Preparation - Under supervision, processes patient for intake and prepares room for exam, treatment, or procedure. Ensures all necessary equipment is available and provides patient with appropriate education materials. Reviews patient and physician schedules to prepare for the day and makes changes with approval.
- Patient Intake and History - Reviews patient history & health maintenance information, takes vitals, provides appropriate paperwork for obtaining releases and obtains consent for release of medical data. Demonstrates basic understanding of and uses CIS and Centricity to enter patient information.
- Phlebotomy – Finger sticks, peripheral draws, heel sticks, and other.
- Clinical Orders - Under supervision implements provider’s orders including standing orders and protocols to maintain flow of patient care, testing for appropriate treatment, and coordination of care with clinical team. Asks questions or seeks assistance when unsure of how to proceed.
- Documentation - Accurately and within established time frame, completes all documentation. Ensures that patient and provider information is complete.
- Patient Discharge - Schedule appointments and process referrals. Provide patient education materials ensures materials are available in patient rooms. Cleans room and prepares for the next patient. Asks questions when presented with new situations.
- Supply ordering
What you will need:
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Graduate of an accredited MA program.
- One year of experience in a medical office preferred.
- Basic Life Support CPR required.
- Must be _ ONE_ of the following:
- Certified through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
A registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
Registered as an American Medical Technologist (AMT)
Qualified applicants will be evaluated as follows:
- Medical Assistant I should have at least 1 year experience in a medical office
- Medical Assistant II should have at least 2 years’ experience in a medical office or 1 year as a Medical Assistant I at Baystate Medical Practices
- Medical Assistant III should have at least 5 years’ experience in a medical office or 2 years as a Medical Assistant II at Baystate Medical Practices
What you need to know:
- This is a full time position located at Baystate Medical Center (759 Chestnut Street, Springfield MA) in Pediatric Hematology Oncology.
- The hours for this position are between 8:00 AM- 5:30 PM Monday through Friday.
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83386
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time