Baystate Health Patient Safety Observer, Pedi ED in Springfield, Massachusetts
The Emergency Department at Baystate Medical Center is the only Level I Trauma Center in western Massachusetts. We are the largest provider of tertiary care in the region with over 110,000 patient visits annually. Within dedicated treatment areas, our professional staff cares for pediatric, trauma, and psychiatric patients as well as those with both major and minor medical or surgical illness.
OUR EMERGENCY & TRAUMA CENTER INCLUDES:
- Patient care rooms with glass-front doors enhance privacy, creating a comfortable healing environment:
- Three dedicated Trauma Rooms equipped with the latest technology
- The region’s only Pediatric ED – a new, dedicated area uniquely designed for the treatment of children
- A private, quiet, secure environment for patients with behavioral health issues
What You Will Do:
- Providing intermittent or continuous safety observation of the patient(s) they are assigned to.
- The intermittent observer maintains contact with patients every 15 minutes to maintain the safety of the patients on intermittent safety checks.
- The continuous safety observer will be at arms reach of the patient at all times to ensure safety is maintained.
- Ensure patient safety.
- Maintain a safe environment which includes assisting in derobing, wanding and catalouging patient belongings before they are secured.
- Provide care for the patient which may include bathing, feeding, toileting, ambulating, turning, and repositioning as assigned.
- When working in the intermittent role the observations will be maintained every 15 minutes and documented as such and as such the direct care will need to be shared with other members of the health care team so the employee can maintain intermittent observation.
- Both intermittent and continuous safety checks entail reporting any changes in the patient’s condition or behavior to the nurse immediately and documenting every 15 minutes during their shift.
- May also be assigned to the triage area to assist in safety observations and initiating the safety protocols.
- Assist in patient transports, vital sign measurement and stocking responsibility.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma/ GED required
- Experience as a mental health care worker, direct health care provider, previous group home care experience, MA CNA, MA HHA or PCA
- CPR is required- BLS through the American Heart Association
- CPI training highly preferred
What You Need To Know:
- Department: Pediatric Emergency Department
- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Shift: Nights, 11P-7:30A
- Weekend and Holiday rotation
- Orientation to department is held the day after an agreed upon start date, mandatory attendance is required
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83328
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time