Baystate Health Payroll Analyst in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Payroll Analyst
What You Will Do:
Under the direction of the Payroll Manager and the Payroll System Administrator you will be responsible for the analysis, administration, project management, maintenance, application design, training, set-up and testing of Payroll modules in PeopleSoft and Kronos databases. You will work with both internal customers and external vendors. This role is highly visible within the organization and you will partner on a wide variety of projects while building relationships across all areas of the system. You will work collaboratively with the Payroll team and others to solve both PeopleSoft and Kronos system issues and streamline procedures while achieving strategic goals and deliverables. The Analyst is the content expert, liaison between end users, vendors and IT working to effectively relay accurate information and document project steps throughout the project life cycle.
As the Payroll Analyst you will process biweekly payroll for all of BH when needed. This will include the running of all Kronos and PeopleSoft payroll processes and interfaces, audit reporting, report generation, customer service and off cycle processing. The Payroll Analyst and staff will work with complex payroll issues customers may have.
The Analyst helps train any new payroll employees with the various BH systems and payroll department processes. The Analyst attends all meetings as required, attending in place of the Manager and Payroll Administrator as needed.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Performs the analysis, administration, project management, maintenance, application design, production support, training, and set-up of Payroll modules in PeopleSoft and Kronos.
- Performs on-going updates to the PeopleSoft Payroll applications and tables. Creates documentation that outlines changes and process changes (if applicable).
- Works on the design, implementation, communication, training, documentation, maintenance, and testing of Payroll programs and interfaces for both PeopleSoft and Kronos.
- Stays up to date with Federal and State Wage and Hour laws and assists with any required system changes.
- Works with HRMS and IT from testing through implementation on PS upgrades, Tax Updates, Bundles and maintenance Packs
- Advanced PeopleSoft Knowledge, advanced Report Development, MSOffice and Kronos Knowledge
- Project Management and Advanced Communication Skills (verbal and written)
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years Payroll experience is required
- 7 years project management is preferred
- Excellent MS Office Professional Skills (MS Excel, MSWord, MS Power Point), Advanced PS Query and 3 years project management experience and managing large to small scale projects from design through implementation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while supporting the Payroll and Kronos production environments.
- Excellent written, communication and analytical skills, excellent interpersonal skills at all levels of the organization.
What You Need To Know:
40 hours / Full-time
Location: 280 Chestnut Street
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 82423
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time