Baystate Health Pharmacy Revenue Cycle Analyst in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Pharmacy Revenue Cycle Analyst
What You Will Do:
As the Pharmacy Revenue Cycle Analyst you will be responsible for the life cycle of a medication CDM code; this includes creation, implementation, and quality control of the Charge Description Master (CDM). You will perform analytical review of data quality & procedures to ensure proper pricing and assignment of billing codes. This position will analyze, summarize, and communicate findings and recommendations related to the pharmacy revenue cycle. You will possess the technical skills needed to compile and manage data from numerous disparate information systems and ability to operate within different software systems.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that all requested additions, deletions and modifications to the pharmacy CDM are managed through the established, standardized and transparent processes.
- Coordinate maintenance of the pharmacy CDM and associated software tools including managing the alerts from Craneware or other software vendors related to pharmacy CDM's and charges. Ensure that adequate controls are in place and opportunities to improve are addressed in a timely manner.
- Obtain and apply knowledge in the following pharmacy Revenue Cycle Business Functions: Charge Capture, Coding, Billing, Denial Management (including the associated IT systems) to support revenue cycle initiatives.
- Represent the department on projects and system implementations related to pharmacy revenue cycle and provide valuable input to ensure success.
- Investigate and correct problems with the pharmacy charging process. Provide a high level of support to other departments in the pharmacy revenue cycle.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies between pharmacy purchases and charges
- Perform other duties as requested by the leadership team. Collaborate and support new projects / initiatives.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 5 years in hospital revenue cycle
- CPht (certified pharmacy technician) in the State of Massachusetts preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work.
- Willingness to present new ideas and collaborate on opportunities to improve.
- Proficient in Excel and possessing the aptitude to learn and work with different software applications on a regular basis.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to solve complex problems and challenges
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 40 hours
Location: Springfield MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83720
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time