Baystate Health Registered Nurse, Oncology Infusion RN Cancer Center in Springfield, Massachusetts
Baystate Health is Seeking a Full-Time Infusion Nurse, Oncology Nurse Clinician for the Cancer Center
What You Will Do:
The Oncology Nurse Clinician works collaboratively with physicians and other health team members to lead the development and delivery of high quality, efficient patient care and customer friendly service at the D’Amour Center for Cancer Care (DCCC).
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Responsible for the management of care for patients with hematologic malignancies and oncologic diagnoses in the outpatient ambulatory clinic, outpatient infusion suite, and radiation oncology department along the health care continuum.
- Responsible for ensuring that all educational needs, including age-specific and cultural needs, are addressed for patients/families/significant others, and is available to them for consultation.
- The Oncology Nurse Clinician oversees and directs the care provided by assistive personnel. Assumes a role in collaborating to establish and implement policies/procedures and standards of care for the program.
- Acts as an advocate for the patient/family/significant others. Assumes accountability for own professional practice and for aspects of patient care delegated to others. Practices within the ethical and legal parameters of nursing. Follows the Oncology Nursing Society guidelines and recommendations.
- The infusion nurse provides direct care and possesses the knowledge and ability to safely administer chemotherapy, biotherapy, immunotherapy, blood products, and supportive care measures; and is able to manage the patient's care in relation to these treatments.
What You Will Need:
- Massachusetts license as an RN and CPR certification
- BSN strongly preferred or must be enrolled in BSN Program and scheduled to complete
- ONS or ONC certification preferred or must obtain within two years
- Minimum of 3 years of nursing experience required, oncology experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication and team work
- The ability to work independently, proactively and adapt appropriately to changing priorities is a must
- Must have competency in delivering exceptional nursing care and have proven success in partnering with both physicians and staff.
What You Need To Know:
- Location -D’Amour Center for Cancer Care, Main Street Springfield, MA
- Resume required
- Position is Full Time 36 hours- (4) 9 hour shifts Monday- Friday
- No weekend no holidays
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83549
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time