Baystate Health RN, Pediatric Trauma Nurse Coordinator in Springfield, Massachusetts
Pediatric RN Trauma Coordinator is responsible for the organization of services and systems necessary for a multidisciplinary approach to providing care to the injured patient. Promotes optimal patient care through a variety of collaborative division activities, to include: clinical, consultant, performance improvement, professional, public education, and research.
The Pediatric RN Trauma Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Take leadership role at multi-disciplinary rounds to ensure that patient care is appropriate.
- Collaborating withthe Trauma Medical Director ro ensure maintenance f the level 2 Trauma Center verification
- Serve as a trauma resource and liaison for personnel in the health system including agencies and institutions.
- Assess the initial management of trauma patients to assure compliance with clinical practice guideline.
- Identify performance improvement issues and coordinate their resolution, in collaboration with the Pediatric Trauma Medical Director.
- Participate in PICU and patient care rounds gather information for PI process and provide information to trauma registry.
- Participate in the identification of performance improvement indicators, trends and initiatives for the trauma patient population. Obtain and collate data from providers in the trauma system.
- Coordinate activities related to regulatory agencies related and the Trauma Service (i.e. JCAHO, ACS, DPH, OEMS).
- Maintain active role in facilitating regional/statewide trauma care educational activities. Maintain active role in statewide trauma system initiatives.
- MA Registered Nurse, Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree preferred
- 5 years of clinical experience in specialty
- Experience with performance improvement, quality or outcomes
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83085
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Full/Part Time: Full-Time