Baystate Health Collection Represent in United States
Baystate Health is seeking a Full-time Collection Represent
What You Will Do:
As the Baystate Collection Representitive you will play an important role in the financial success of the hospitals. The duties include but are not limited to efficient resolution of hospital third party claims and patient balances. A Collection Representive collaborates with other areas of the Revenue Cycle including Access Services, Health Information Management, other areas of Patient Accounting, the numerous service areas and insurance companies to achieve claim resolution. A successful Collection Representitive will build relationships with our customers, both internal and external, to promote feed back and timely resolution of outstanding claims. The Collection Representitive will need to be proficient in many softwares being utlized throughout the Revenue Cycle as well as the various Health Insurance web sites. Additionally, a Collection Representitive must understand the various insurance payment methodologies to insure accurate reimbursement.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Maintain current knowledge of all third party requirements including managed care contracts and state and government regulations, to ensure compliance. Establish and maintain relationships with third party representatives to promote feedback and timely resolution of claims.
- Obtain supporting documentation and other information required to insure acceptance of claim by third party payer.
- Using skills and techniques, interact with third party payers and patients for resolution of outstanding balances.
- Process claim form electronically or manually according to payer specifications, as needed.
- Update billing information via on-line billing systems, as needed. Document pertinent account information pertaining to claims submission and resolution.
- Maintain or exceed department specific productivity and quality measurements
- Use multiple insurers web sites to assist with claims resolution, eligibility, referrals, authorizations, and other needs as identified.
- Interact and communicate effectively with inter-departmental units when necessary.
- Assist in Identification and Resolution of Payment Barriers and Systems Issues.
- Participate in Education, Training and Cross-training activities as needed.
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- One year Hospital Medical Billing and/or Collection experience required
- Excellent PC skills required.
- Good oral and written communication skills .
- Ability to work with patients and staff in a professional and efficient manner to resolve issues.
- Able to work independently.
What You Need To Know:
- Full-time / 40 hours
- Location: 280 Chestnut Street, Spfld, MA
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID: 83637
Location: 280 Chestnut Street
Full/Part Time: Full-Time